A Justice Site
Dear Habermas on UWP
About Us - Site Map: Where to Find Stuff -
NEW on Site
MIRROR SITES: - UWP - CSUDH - Habermas
EDITORIAL NEWS: jeanne's World - Susan's World
Index to Susan's Archive
Susan's World as We Start to Gather Stories
RESOURCES: Community Building - Visual Sociology - Message Building
POST on YAHOO GROUP: Dear Habermas Discussion Group - Write Free
SEARCH: - Site Index - Topics Index - FAQS on Navigating Site
FACULTY ASSISTANCE: Letters of Recommendation - Susan - jeanne
UWP Criminal Justice Dept. - CSUDH Dept. of Sociology
|Merriam-Webster Dictionary Search:|
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: January 1, 2007
Latest Update: October 8, 2009
CRMJ/SOCA 359 Law and Society
CRMJ 391 The Criminal Justice Profession
CRMJ/SOCA 365 Race, Crime, Law
The Week of October 11, 2009:
Susan's Butterfly Page, link to the latest hubpage.
Susan's Archives If you are looking for a particular week, you can find it in my archives.
To: My Students:
Each week, you will find reminders and messages on this page to let you know if you're on the right track or falling behind.
- Midterm meetings ending on October 14th. If you miss your meeting, it is an automatic "0."
- For Law and Society & Race, Crime, Law students -- This week, you should be working on your self-assessment. Visual projects are due beginning of class on Monday, October 19th (need to submit your bibliography and self-assessment).
- For the CRMJ Profession students -- You should be be putting the finishing touches on your midterm portfolio and working on your self-assessment. Your midterm portfolio is due beginning of class on Friday, October 16th (include your self-assessment).
- Keep up with ALL of the assigned readings, discussion questions, and other assignments.
You are in big trouble if:
-- you missed your midterm meeting with me. See me ASAP!!!
-- you have become a "field mouse," (i.e., not attending class, not keeping up with your discussion questions, not reading the textbooks).
- If you would like to make more explosion boxes , I am keeping the link on this page.
- Interested in trying something new and different? Check out Wire Art . Jeanne has been working on alternatives to card making and boxes. She also incorporated the discussion on fear into this discussion.
Where the idea for "My World and Welcome to It" came from:
James Thurber's image for "My World and Welcome to It" on Wikipedia
Jeanne's comments on the art work:
Thurber seems to have related his world to his home. How did my image of Susan's and my world differ? Consider that I took a much wider view of our world, coloring hers in blues for a softer, kinder edge, and mine in red, like my red dress, for the Red Queen's fast-paced, hectic world. Yes, that's the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
James Thurber is entering his home with a portfolio under his arm, suggesting that he is an artist. I didn't picture Susan and myself as teachers in a classroom. Instead I saw a wonderfully pleasant vacation scene, with a cool, comfortable or hot Santa Ana ocean breeze wafting in with all the stories our Dear Habermas (DH) community has to tell. I wonder if that could indicate a love of teaching. I hope so. jeanne
Template is tmplmyworlds.htm. jeanne