A Justice Site
Dear Habermas on UWP
About Us - Site Map: Where to Find Stuff -
NEW on Site
MIRROR SITES: - UWP - CSUDH - Habermas
EDITORIAL NEWS: jeanne's World - Susan's World
Index to Susan's Archive
Susan's World as We Start to Gather Stories
RESOURCES: Community Building - Visual Sociology - Message Building
POST on YAHOO GROUP: Dear Habermas Discussion Group - Write Free
SEARCH: - Site Index - Topics Index - FAQS on Navigating Site
FACULTY ASSISTANCE: Letters of Recommendation - Susan - jeanne
UWP Criminal Justice Dept. - CSUDH Dept. of Sociology
|Merriam-Webster Dictionary Search:|
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: January 1, 2007
Latest Update: November 19, 2009
CRMJ/SOCA 359 Law and Society
CRMJ 391 The Criminal Justice Profession
CRMJ/SOCA 365 Race, Crime, Law
The Week of November 22, 2009:
Susan's Butterfly Page, link to the latest hubpage.
Susan's Archives If you are looking for a particular week, you can find it in my archives.
To: My Students:
Each week, you will find reminders and messages on this page to let you know if you're on the right track or falling behind.
- Friday, November 20th through Tuesday, December 1st -- Second Meetings with me. Don't be a "no show"!
- Friday, November 27th -- No Class (Thanksgiving Break)
- For Law and Society & Race, Crime, Law students -- You should be working on your visual project.
- For the CRMJ Profession students -- You should be wrapping up your "revise and resubmits" and working on the finishing touches on your final portfolio, especially the three to five elective elements.
- Keep up with ALL of the assigned readings, discussion questions, and other assignments.
You are in big trouble if:
-- you have not signed up for you second meeting with me.
-- you have not emailed me your second visual project topic (L&S and RCL students only).
-- you have become a "field mouse," (i.e., not attending class, not keeping up with your discussion questions, not reading the textbooks).
- If you would like to make more explosion boxes , I am keeping the link on this page.
- Interested in trying something new and different? Check out Wire Art . Jeanne has been working on alternatives to card making and boxes. She also incorporated the discussion on fear into this discussion.
Where the idea for "My World and Welcome to It" came from:
James Thurber's image for "My World and Welcome to It" on Wikipedia
Jeanne's comments on the art work:
Thurber seems to have related his world to his home. How did my image of Susan's and my world differ? Consider that I took a much wider view of our world, coloring hers in blues for a softer, kinder edge, and mine in red, like my red dress, for the Red Queen's fast-paced, hectic world. Yes, that's the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
James Thurber is entering his home with a portfolio under his arm, suggesting that he is an artist. I didn't picture Susan and myself as teachers in a classroom. Instead I saw a wonderfully pleasant vacation scene, with a cool, comfortable or hot Santa Ana ocean breeze wafting in with all the stories our Dear Habermas (DH) community has to tell. I wonder if that could indicate a love of teaching. I hope so. jeanne
Template is tmplmyworlds.htm. jeanne