A Justice Site
About Us - Site Map: Where to Find Stuff - NEW on Site
MIRROR SITES: CSUDH - Habermas - UWP
EDITORIAL NEWS: jeanne's World - Susan's World
Index to Susan's World
Susan's World asWe Start to Gather Stories
RESOURCES: Community Building - Visual Sociology - Message Building
POST on YAHOO GROUP: Dear Habermas Discussion Group - Write Free
SEARCH: - Site Index - Topics Index - FAQS on Navigating Site
FACULTY ASSISTANCE: Letters of Recommendation - Susan - jeanne
UWP Criminal Justice Dept. - CSUDH Dept. of Sociology
|Merriam-Webster Dictionary Search:|
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: January 1, 2007
Latest Update: February 15, 2008
UWP Spring 2008 CRMJ/SOCA 352 Law & Social Change
UWP Spring 2008 CRMJ 353 Criminal Justice/Social Justice
February 17, 2008:
Susan's Butterfly Page This is where you can find the latest hubpage.
Susan's Archives If you are looking for a particular week, you can find it in my archives.
We should be acclimating to the new semester; establishing a routine (i.e., reading the texts, answering discussion questions, planning visual projects). The purpose of this page is to provide updates and let you know what you need to be doing to stay on track in the class.
- For your visual project(s), you are well inito your review of the scholarly literature. Midterm visual projects are due the beginning of class on Monday, March 10th (also need to submit your bibliography and self-assessment).
- During the Week of February 17th , sign up for your midterm meeting with me (sign up sheet will be circulated in class). Midterm meetings will be from February 29th through March 7th.
- Join the Community Building discussion group .
- You are in big trouble if:
-- you have not emailed me your visual project topic(s) for approval.
-- you cannot find the weekly discussion questions on Dear Habermas.
- If you would like to make more explosion boxes , I am keeping the link on this page.
- Interested in trying something new and different? Check out Wire Art . Jeanne has been working on alternatives to card making and boxes. She also incorporated the discussion on fear into this discussion.
Where the idea for "My World and Welcome to It" came from:
James Thurber's image for "My World and Welcome to It" on Wikipedia
Jeanne's comments on the art work:
Thurber seems to have related his world to his home. How did my image of Susan's and my world differ? Consider that I took a much wider view of our world, coloring hers in blues for a softer, kinder edge, and mine in red, like my red dress, for the Red Queen's fast-paced, hectic world. Yes, that's the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
James Thurber is entering his home with a portfolio under his arm, suggesting that he is an artist. I didn't picture Susan and myself as teachers in a classroom. Instead I saw a wonderfully pleasant vacation scene, with a cool, comfortable or hot Santa Ana ocean breeze wafting in with all the stories our Dear Habermas (DH) community has to tell. I wonder if that could indicate a love of teaching. I hope so. jeanne
Template is tmplmyworlds.htm. jeanne