A Justice Site
About Us - Site Map: Where to Find Stuff - NEW on Site
MIRROR SITES: CSUDH - Habermas - UWP
EDITORIAL NEWS: jeanne's World - Susan's World
Index to Susan's World
Susan's World as We Start to Gather Stories
RESOURCES: Community Building - Visual Sociology - Message Building
POST on YAHOO GROUP: Dear Habermas Discussion Group - Write Free
SEARCH: - Site Index - Topics Index - FAQS on Navigating Site
FACULTY ASSISTANCE: Letters of Recommendation - Susan - jeanne
UWP Criminal Justice Dept. - CSUDH Dept. of Sociology
|Merriam-Webster Dictionary Search:|
California State University, Dominguez Hills
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Created: January 1, 2007
Latest Update: April 24, 2009
UWP Spring 2009 CRMJ/SOCA 352 Law and Social Change
UWP Spring 2009 CRMJ 490 Careers in Criminal Justice
April 26, 2009:
Susan's Butterfly Page This is where you can find the latest hubpage.
Susan's Archives If you are looking for a particular week, you can find it in my archives.
Dear Students (in both classes):
Each week, you will find reminders and messages on this page to let you know if you're on the right track or falling behind.
- LSC Students: Final visual projects (including your bibliography and self-assessment) are due the beginning of class on Monday, May 4th. Late materials will not be accepted.
- Careers Students: Final career portfolios will be due beginning of class, Friday, May 1st. Late portfolios will not be accepted.
- No office hours on Mondays for the rest of the semester. As an alternative, I am on campus on Tuesday mornings.
- Organize your binder. Keep up with your journal, course readings, discussion questions, and other projects/assignments.
You are in big trouble if:
-- you do not have your second meeting scheduled.
-- you have not emailed me your second visual project topic.
-- you have not resolved your "NG" (no grade).
You should be keeping pace with the class(es), (i.e., reading the textbooks, thoroughly answering all of the discussion questions each week, working on your visual project). The purpose of this page is to provide updates and let you know what you need to be doing to stay on track in the class.
-- Join the Community Building discussion group.
- If you would like to make more explosion boxes , I am keeping the link on this page.
- Interested in trying something new and different? Check out Wire Art . Jeanne has been working on alternatives to card making and boxes. She also incorporated the discussion on fear into this discussion.
Where the idea for "My World and Welcome to It" came from:
James Thurber's image for "My World and Welcome to It" on Wikipedia
Jeanne's comments on the art work:
Thurber seems to have related his world to his home. How did my image of Susan's and my world differ? Consider that I took a much wider view of our world, coloring hers in blues for a softer, kinder edge, and mine in red, like my red dress, for the Red Queen's fast-paced, hectic world. Yes, that's the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
James Thurber is entering his home with a portfolio under his arm, suggesting that he is an artist. I didn't picture Susan and myself as teachers in a classroom. Instead I saw a wonderfully pleasant vacation scene, with a cool, comfortable or hot Santa Ana ocean breeze wafting in with all the stories our Dear Habermas (DH) community has to tell. I wonder if that could indicate a love of teaching. I hope so. jeanne
Template is tmplmyworlds.htm. jeanne