A Justice Site
Corrections Race, Crime & Law
Previous Weeks - Fall 2004 HOME
Department of Criminal Justice
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest Update: September 2, 2004
This page is under construction. Some links might not be working. I will try to finish this page by the beginning of next week.
"Learning is messy!." - Yvone Lenard
This local hub site will serve as a forum for messages about:
- Latest UWP Lecture Commentaries not up yet.
- Previous Week's UWP Lecture Commentaries not up yet.
- Book Reviews by UWP Students coming soon!
- Site Additions
- Site Visits and Field Trips
- To submit a message, Prof. Takata at email@example.com
All UWP Classes, Announcements
- Wednesday, September 8th, 12 noon to 1 p.m. -- Optional "Dear Habermas" computing workshop in the micro-computing lab (D1 level of the library)
- Friday, September 10th -- If you have not paid all or part of your fall tuition, you will be dropped from all of your classes.
Criminal Justice Association News
Check the Criminal Justice Department web page for future club announcement.
Readings for All UWP Classes:
- Keep in mind:
** the 5Cs: competency, consistency, cooperation, communication, and creativity.** Bloom and Krathwohl's Taxonomy of Learning: latent learning, recognition, recall, application, analysis, evaluation, and synthesis.
Grades are interactive and interdependent. You are responsible for telling me what you have accomplished, and verifying it either in class, in person, in an email dialogue, or meeting with me. For an explanation, read and Grades.
- "Who's Habermas? Why Habermas?"
- "The Case Against Gold Stars" by Alfie Kohn.
- Freeing the Feminine Other Spring 2004 project -- a collaborative hypertext poem by students, faculty, staff and folks from the community in the best of feminist dialogic theoretical tradition (California State University, Dominguez Hills and University of Wisconsin, Parkside).
- Metaphor and Theory. Read the Blind Men and the Elephant fable.
- New Projects with CSUDH students
- Letters of Recommendation Index
- Avoiding Plagiarism
All UWP Classes, site visits and field trips:
- Course Syllabus Not up yet.
- On Teaching/Learning Not up yet.
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of August 29, 2004 coming soon!
- Links to the Sociology of Law Handbook readings
-- Chapter 1, part 1
-- Chapter 1, part 2
-- Chapter 2