A Justice Site
Corrections Race, Crime & Law
Previous Weeks - Fall 2004 HOME
Department of Criminal Justice
University of Wisconsin, Parkside
Latest Update: October 14, 2004
Join the Yahoo Group Discussion Link can be found on the first page of the Current Issue
Last Day to Drop Fall Semester Classes - Friday, October 22nd
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." by Martin Luther King, Jr. (quote found by April Puryear) "Learning is messy!." - Yvone Lenard
This local hub site will serve as a forum for messages about:
- Latest UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Previous Week's UWP Lecture Commentaries
- Book Reviews by UWP Students coming soon!
- Site Additions
- Site Visits and Field Trips
- To submit a message, Prof. Takata at firstname.lastname@example.org
All UWP Classes, Announcements
- Tuesday, October 19th -- Last Day for Required Midterm Meetings. See me if you have not scheduled a date/time.
- Friday, October 22nd -- Last Day to Drop Classes
Criminal Justice Association News
Check the Criminal Justice Department web page for future club announcement.
Readings for All UWP Classes:
- Keep in mind:
** the 5Cs: competency, consistency, cooperation, communication, and creativity.
We expect work that will produce a professional and competitive product in a real market. We also expect that even our most creative workers will recognize throughout the semester an effective product presentation depends on good work standards from every member of the team. Team morale and expectations have a great deal to do with enforcing works standards collectively. Time to learn that process.
At work, you aren't given tests. Neither are you here. But you are expected to demonstrate your competency and participation. Each class or volunteer participation with us is a contract job to which you commit for the semester. We not only expect the work to be done, but we also expect you to find effective ways to let us know what you are doing, and consequently, that your final work product will be a good one.
If, for whatever reason, your work is not meeting our production standard, we are sure that you will be in touch with us to either seek employee assistance or advice. One hot clue that you may be slipping is if your name appears no where on blogs, shared readings, on small discussion groups, and if we haven't heard from you.
** Bloom and Krathwohl's Taxonomy of Learning: latent learning, recognition, recall, application, analysis, evaluation, and synthesis.
Grades are interactive and interdependent. You are responsible for telling me what you have accomplished, and verifying it either in class, in person, in an email dialogue, or meeting with me. For an explanation, read and Grades and Standards of Professionalism.
- new Current Issue has link to Yahoo Group Discussion. Please join!
- "Planning Your Field Activity for Transforming Dominant Discourse"
- CRMJ 363 & 365 Library Resource Page by Geoffrey Morse.
- "Project Suggestions for Shared Reading Sessions"
- "Welcome Back or Well, Just Welcome"
- "The Discourse Method [or What Am I Suppose to Do?"]
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Letters of Recommendation Index
All UWP Classes, site visits and field trips:
- Number 7: Week of October 10, 2004
- Number 6: Week of October 3, 2004
- Number 5: Week of September 26, 2004
- Number 4: Week of September 19, 2004
- Number 3: Week of September 12, 2004
- Number 2: Week of September 5, 2004
- Number 1: Week of August 29, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of October 10, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of October 3, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of September 26, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of September 19, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of September 12, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of September 5, 2004
- Lecture Commentaries for the Week of August 29, 2004